Saturday, April 21, 2012

Highly Unlikely Frame, Tetrahedron and a Video

I've been having fun making impossible objects possible.  
In this case, this frame is designed from the optical illusion shown in the line drawing here.
Like many of my pieces, this one has to be held to be fully appreciated.  The piece above is for sale in my Etsy shop.  Click on the photos to go to the listing.  

In a similar vein, here is an Unlikely Tetrahedron I made a while ago.  I don't love the colors, but I was happy to find that that the idea works.  Notice that every edge has a quarter twist in it, and every face is an "impossible" triangle.
Both of these pieces are made with cubic right angle weave (CRAW).  Here's a quick and dirty tutorial that I made on that stitch.  It's not my best work, and not really designed for beginners, but I made it in  response to a request for a tutorial on CRAW where every face has a different color.


I have a tutorial for the Highly Unlikely Triangle, which uses CRAW. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/204753180/
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Me gusta aunque como tu dices no es para principiante como yo , pasa buen día

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...