Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Little DNA Earrings

I finished a couple more pairs of DNA beaded earrings.  Measuring about an inch and a half long to the top of the ear wire, these are the shortest ones I've made so far, but the beads in them are really nice, including many of my newest fanciest seed beads.  Plus, those little red sparkling beads that look like garnets are tiny faceted red spinel, a slightly harder stone with a slightly higher refraction index, which means they sparkle just a little more than your typical garnets.  I like the way this color combination is muted without being dull or boring.

I like this angle for a photo below, but I'm not sure that most people would recognize this as a double helix.  What do you think?
This second pair is a little longer.  The little white beads are rainbow moonstones.  They have flash, but I wasn't able to catch the flashes with my camera.  So you'll just have to trust me on that.
Both pairs are now in my Etsy shop.  Click the photos to see the listings.  Thanks kids.

4 comments:

  1. The little pair is so cute, but I love the colors in the second pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment yesterday... did it disappear because I didn't get the captcha words right? :(

    Let me try again. I like the color in the first pair. Isn't it great that life gives us so many opportunities to find what we like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my dad would say, you win a few, you lose a few. You lose posts, you win opportunities. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...